WELCOME TO OUR WORSHIP SERVICE
Sunday, May 28, 2017 – 10:45 a.m.
GATHERING AS GOD’S PEOPLE
Choral call to Worship ~ O come, loud anthems let us sing
Welcome and Invocation
We are singing in the Light of God (Siyahamba)
HWB 46 I sing the mighty power of God
HWB 307 Will you let me be your servant?
OUR LIFE TOGETHER
Congregational Life and Prayer
Offering, including Coin Offering ~ Jesus, be the centre
Choir ~ Give me Jesus
Holy, holy, holy
PROCLAIMING GOD’S WORD
Scripture Reading: Acts 28:23-31
Sermon: “From Jerusalem to Antioch to Rome”
Choir ~ Prayer of St. Francis
How firm a foundation
RESPONDING TO GOD’S WORD
Closing Choir Song ~ The Lord bless you and keep you
- Worship Leader ~ Alvie Martens
- Worship Music ~ Eastman Male Choir
- Sermon ~ Daryl Climenhaga
- Children’s Story ~ Bev Unger
- Song Leaders ~ Val and Ed Peters, Lyle Peters, Bev Rogers, Nia Rogers, Katie Wiens
- Pianist/Organist ~ Margarete Dyck
- Sound ~ Rudy Nikkel
This morning we welcome the members of the Eastman Male Choir with conductor Nathaniel de Avila and accompanist Lori Reimer in our worship service.
During the month of May we have been having a “coin offering” in support of our Abundant Harvest Community Growing Project (funds go into the account of MCC at the Canadian Foodgrains Bank). Today will mark the last Sunday of this project. Thank you for your generous participation!
Following today’s worship service the Refugee Committee is holding a Borschtfest Fundraiser lunch. Proceeds will go toward the Refugee Fund. Come and visit with the Mulamba family and learn some of their story! Everyone is welcome, even if you have not signed up in advance!
Summary statements of our adult education course, “The Bible, the Church Community, and Same-Sex Relationships,” are available at the Welcome Centre.
Last week’s offering will be posted next week
Coin collection on May 21: $252.29 Total: $761.59
PRAYER & PRAISE
Please pray for:
- Hildegard Adrian in Bethesda Hospital
- Ben Dyck in Bethesda Hospital
If you have a prayer request please contact our Prayer Chain coordinator Anne E. Froese, mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHURCH FAMILY INFORMATION
We pray a blessing for the following members who have requested transfers to Grace Mennonite Church: Ron and Andrea Dick, Jason and Kristy Rempel, John A. and Eileen Toews and Kim Sidorchuk.
Gym Comm. Contact: Isbrand Fehr
SMC THIS WEEK
Today, 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. Family Volleyball
Mon. May 29, 6:45 p.m. Men’s Volleyball
May 29, 7:00 p.m. SMC 75th Anniversary Celebration Committee Mtg in MPR
Tues. May 30, 7:00 p.m. Women’s Volleyball
May 31, 7:30 p.m. Manigotagan Planning Meeting in the youth room
June 3, 7:45 a.m. Men’s Prayer Breakfast at Uncle Jake’s
Speaker: Daryl Climenhaga MC: Otto Loeppky
June 4, SMC Annual Golf Tournament. Sign-up sheet at Welcome Centre
CONFERENCE AND COMMUNITY EVENTS
June 8, 7:00 p.m. MCC Manitoba Annual General meeting at Emmanuel Mennonite Church (750 15th Street, Winkler). See the agenda on the bulletin board. We can send 3 delegates from SMC—please contact the office if you are interested.
Mennonite Collegiate Institute (MCI), Gretna, invites applications for Director of Student Life beginning August 2017. Responsibilities include oversight of (1) school residence programs, (2) non-curricular Christian life programs, and (3) student recruitment. Please direct inquiries and/or resumes to email@example.com by June 5.
Thank you for worshipping with us this morning. If you are visiting with us, we welcome you and would like to get to know you. We invite you to introduce yourself to us at the Welcome Centre. Some basic information about our church is available to you there.
Greetings Steinbach Mennonite Church,
Join Mennonite Church Canada Witness workers Bock Ki Kim and Sook Kyoung Park in celebrating Mennonite Church South Korea’s first anniversary. Learn more in this week’s edition of Your Church at Work: http://www.commonword.ca/go/1222
Grace and peace be with you all.
Janelle Thiessen van Esch
on behalf of the Equipping Weekly Team
- Emerging Voices Initiative (EVI) invites your enthusiastic support to help youth delegates attend the Special Mennonite Church Assembly Oct. 13-15. Show your support with a donation via https://donate.mennonitechurch.ca/project/EVI-Youth2017
- Featured prayer request from the wider church (to receive regular prayer requests, subscribe to PrayerNet at: commonword.ca/ResourceView/59/7507):
- Five young adults from the Mennonite congregation and youth hostel in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso are engaging with disadvantaged children in the distant town of Sapouy. Pray for a clear understanding of what God is be calling them to do in Sapouy. Pray also for Nancy Frey and Bruce Yoder, Mennonite Church Canada partners through Mennonite Mission Network, as they support and encourage these young adults.
MCI invites applications for Director of Student Life beginning August 2017. Responsibilities include oversight of (1) school residence programs (2) non-curricular Christian Life programs (3) student recruitment. Please direct inquires and/or resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 5th.
- Dinner with Ted 4, featuring Ted’s famous chicken fingers and fries, for all CMU alumni! Friday, June 2, 5:00 – 7:00 PM. RSVP on the Facebook event page or email Aaron Epp (email@example.com).
- From June 12-16 and 19-23 over 150 students from Canada and around the globe (including Somalia, Iraq, Bangladesh, Ukraine, Ethiopia, Jordan, Iran, Argentina…) will be enrolled in one-week peace building courses as part of CMU’s Canadian School of Peacebuilding. In our world’s present political climate their commitment to peace-building is more critical than ever. Please hold them in your prayers.
- You are invited to join us for the 16th Annual CMU Golf Classic, Tuesday, June 20 at the Kingswood Golf and Country Club in La Salle, MB. Reservations are limited so rsvp early by calling Joyce Friesen 204-594-0517.
- Consider a gap year after high school full of discipleship, adventure, learning, service, travel and friendship with Outtatown. Act now while spaces are available for 2017-2018! Visit com to learn more and apply.
- Register now for the Summer Voice Academy July 18-22, a program of CMU’s Community School of Music and the Arts. Visit ca/csma or call 204-837-4870 for more information.
- Stay connected with CMU and Folio Café this summer! Bring a friend and this bulletin to get 25% off coffee or gelato at Folio Café! Folio Café is open regular hours this summer: Monday-Friday 7:30 AM– 9:30 PM and Saturday 10 AM-4 PM.
- Online registration is open for CMU Blazers Summer Sports Camps 2017! See cmu.ca/sportscamps or phone 204-487-3300.
- Sie sind herzlich eingeladen am Sonntagmorgen um 7.30 Uhr (CFAM / CHSM / CJRB) Frohe Botschaft einzuschalten, eine Sendung die von Mennonite Church Manitoba produziert wird. Im Juni bringt Prediger Menno Janzen aus der Winkler Bergthaler Mennoniten Gemeinde eine Predigtserie zum Thema: Der Heilige Geist.
- Please join us for Frohe Botschaft, a German language worship service produced by Mennonite Church Manitoba and broadcast on Sunday morning at 7:30 on CFAM / CHSM / CJRB. The speaker in June is Pastor Menno Janzen from Winkler Bergthaler Mennonite Church.
- Camps with Meaning still has spaces for campers of all ages at Camp Assiniboia, Camp Moose Lake, and Camp Koinonia this summer! For more info visit campswithmeaning.org/summer/campers/schedule-and-rates/