WELCOME TO OUR WORSHIP SERVICE
July 23, 2017 – 10:45 a.m.
Theme: “Passing on the Faith”
GATHERING AS GOD'S PEOPLE
Welcome/Call to Worship
HWB307, Will you let me be your servant?
We are singing, for the Lord is our light (Siyahamba)
Shout to the North
OUR LIFE TOGETHER
Congregational Life and Prayer
Offertory ~ Mary’s Magnificat
PROCLAIMING GOD'S WORD
Congregational Song ~ Circle of God's People
Scripture Reading: James 2:14-26
Sermon: “If you have to use words”
RESPONDING TO GOD'S WORD
Closing Song ~ Numbers 6:24
Worship Leader ~ Willi Wiebe
Sermon ~ Jac Siemens
Children's Feature ~ Krissi Peters
Song Leaders ~ Toni & Kayla Hiebert, Scott & Kendra Friesen, Margaret Dyck
Pianist ~ Toni Hiebert
Organist ~ Margarete Dyck
Sound ~ Gerry Sapinsky
PRAYER & PRAISE
Please pray for:
· Hildegard Adrian in Bethesda Hospital
God’s blessing on Mary Hildebrandt who will celebrate her birthday on July 23rd.
CHURCH FAMILY INFORMATION
We welcome our new pastor, Lee Hiebert, and his wife Rachel to Steinbach! They moved into their house on July 3rd.
There is a 75th anniversary display in the Multipurpose Room.
Gym Comm. Contact: Isbrand Fehr
July 9 - 22, 2017 – Our giving: Budget: $ 8,815.50
MCC: $ 500.00 MC Manitoba: $365.00 Refugee Fund: $20.00
SMC THIS WEEK
Today, 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. Family Volleyball
Mon. July 24, 6:45 p.m. Men’s Volleyball
Tues. July 25, 7:00 p.m. Women’s Volleyball
Friday, July 28, 10:30 a.m. Come and Go Coffee; say goodbye to Pastor Victor Kliewer and meet Pastor Lee Hiebert.
Sunday, July 30, 10:45 a.m. Farewell Service for Pastor Victor Kliewer
Sunday, Aug. 6, 10:00 a.m. Worship Service at Grace Mennonite Church
During the summer months, July, and August, there will be no Sunday School. Worship services will continue to start at 10:45 a.m., followed by a finger food potluck lunch.
Conference prayer request
Dann and Joji Pantoja are MC Canada workers who serve through PeaceBuilders Community Inc. in Philippines, where violence is on the rise. Pray for the Pantojas and their ministry as they bring Christians, Muslims, and Indigenous peoples together for peace and reconciliation work. May God grace these diverse teams of peacebuilders with compassion and cultural sensitivity. Pray that the necessary funding will be provided – not only to meet expenses, but as a show of support from the global community.
Conference & Community
Aug. 4 – 7, Mennonite Heritage Village is looking for volunteers for Pioneer Days. See poster for details.
Camp Moose Lake is sold. Visit the MCM website at www.mennochurch.mb.ca for the news release. A celebration is being planned at the camp on Sept. 24, 2017. More details will follow.
SMC VISION STATEMENT
Steinbach Mennonite Church is faithfully following Christ in worship and service by making disciples, building community and reaching out to the world.
MC Canada Bulletin Announcements for Sunday – July 23, 2017
· Future Directions Update: Working Group Reports on various proposed re-organized ministries of MC Canada and Area Churches are now available at http://futuredirectionsmc.ca/documents/
· Job Opening: Mennonite Church Canada (Wpg. office) is seeking a full time, term Administrative Assistant to the executive office, starting as soon as possible. See http://home.mennonitechurch.ca/jobs for details. Review of resumes begins immediately. Recruitment continues until the position is filled.
1. In response to the Truth and Reconciliation Commission’s call to adopt and comply with the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples, Mennonite Church Canada has recently created a beautiful book of poetry and prayer reflecting on each article of the Declaration. Borrow or purchase from CommonWord - www.commonword.ca/go/1211
· Assembly Registration is open! You are invited to register for the October 13-15 special 2017 Assembly in Winnipeg: http://www.cvent.com/d/c5q8ft
· Volunteers needed! Mennonite Church Canada is seeking volunteers for the 2017 Special Delegate Gathering held in Winnipeg from October 13-15. Interested potential volunteers please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on this gathering, visit http://home.mennonitechurch.ca/winnipeg2017.
· Team Captains wanted! Get your feet tuned up to walk or ride in the fantastically fun national Ride for Refuge on Saturday, Sept. 30 in several locations across Canada. The Ride for Refuge is a family-friendly cycling/walking fundraiser that partners with MC Canada to help the displaced, vulnerable and exploited. Be a part of the “Mennonite Church Canada” team in support of the Witness workers of your choice. Register at https://rideforrefuge.org/charity/mennonitechurchca or contact Jason Martin at email@example.com or (226) 747-1833.
· Featured prayer request from the wider church (to receive regular prayer requests, subscribe to PrayerNet at: www.commonword.ca/ResourceView/59/7507):
· Dann and Joji Pantoja are Mennonite Church Canada workers who serve through PeaceBuilders Community Inc. in Philippines, where violence is on the rise. Pray for the Pantojas and their ministry as they bring Christians, Muslims, and Indigenous peoples together for peace and reconciliation work. May God grace these diverse teams of peacebuilders with compassion and cultural sensitivity. Pray that the necessary funding will be provided – not only to meet expenses, but as a show of support from the global community.
MC Manitoba Announcements
Camp Moose Lake is sold. Visit the MCM website at www.mennochurch.mb.ca for the news release. A celebration is being planned at the camp on September 24, 2017. More details will follow.
Camps with Meaning is seeking kitchen volunteers for August 7-12 and August 20-25 at Camp Moose Lake. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (204) 895-2267 if you are interested.
Mennonite Church Manitoba is accepting applications for the position of Associate Program Director of Camping Ministries (APD). The APD oversees all aspects of our summer and winter programs and provides on-going support and training to all summer program staff and volunteers. This is a 1.0 fte position. The application deadline is September 21, 2017. For more information please visit our “News” page at www.campswithmeaning.org.
Canadian Mennonite University Events and Opportunities for Church Bulletins
CMU was privileged to have nearly 80 International students from 25 different countries enrolled in degree programs this past year. The majority of these students come from countries in Africa, SE Asia, Latin and South America and Eastern Europe. Valeriia Alipova, from Zaporozhe in east Ukraine, is one of these students whose experience at CMU and in Canada has been profound. Read more about her story at mycmulife.cmu.ca.