WELCOME TO OUR WORSHIP SERVICE
July 30, 2017 – 10:45 a.m.
Theme: “Passing on the Faith”
GATHERING AS GOD'S PEOPLE
Welcome/Call to worship
HWB # 648 - Morning has Broken
STJ # 12 - Cantai ao Senhor (O Sing to the Lord)
HWB #407 - We are people of God’s Peace
OUR LIFE TOGETHER
Congregational life and sharing time
Farewell for Pastor Victor Kliewer
PROCLAIMING GOD'S WORD
HWB # 412 We Shall Walk through the Valley
Scripture reading: Matthew 18:15-22
Sermon: “Essentials of our Faith: Reconciliation”
RESPONDING TO GOD'S WORD
STJ # 78 - Sizohamba nays (We will walk with God)
Worship Leader ~ Marg Rempel
Sermon ~ Victor Kliewer
Children's Story ~ Marg Rempel
Song Leader ~ Ed & Val Peters, Gerry Sapinsky, Lavina Thiessen
Pianist/Postlude ~ Karen Peters
Organist/Prelude/Offertory ~ Karen Peters
Sound ~ Jac Siemens
Note: There will be no worship service at SMC next Sunday. Please join us at Grace Mennonite Church at 10:00 a.m.
PRAYER & PRAISE
Please pray for:
· Hildegard Adrian in Bethesda Hospital
Congratulations to Korey Peters & Alexandra Nohlgren on the birth of their son, Gray Francis Peters, on July 21st. Proud grandparents are
Willie & Karen Peters and great-grandfather is Jacob Siemens.
From Daryl & Lois Climenhaga: We express our gratitude to those who sent us condolences on Daryl’s father’s death. David Climenhaga was 98 years old when he died on June 20. We also are delighted to let people know that Vaughn & Lauren (son and daughter-in-law) have had a baby girl, our first grandchild! Between going to Pennsylvania for Dad and visiting Vaughn & Lauren in Houston (along with some supply preaching Daryl is doing in Wpg), we have not been at SMC for several weeks and we miss all of you. We’re looking forward to seeing everyone again in mid-Aug.
CHURCH FAMILY INFORMATION
This morning we especially want to welcome Lee & Rachel Hiebert. On Aug. 1st, Lee will start his new position as Lead Pastor of SMC. The Hieberts can be reached through Lee's church email, by calling the church, or on Lee's cell phone. Lee's church office hours will be Mon. to Thurs. from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Lee and Rachel look forward to getting to know our congregation and the life of SMC.
There is a 75th anniversary display in the Multipurpose Room.
Gym Comm. Contact: Isbrand Fehr
July 23 - 29, 2017 – Our giving: Budget: $ 5,526.50 MCC: $ 250.00 MC Manitoba: $300.00
SMC THIS WEEK
Today, 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. Family Volleyball
Mon. July 31 6:45 p.m. Men’s Volleyball
Tues. Aug. 1, 7:00 p.m. Women’s Volleyball
Sat. Aug. 5, 8:30 a.m. Sunbeam’s Birthday Breakfast at Smitty’s
Sun., Aug. 6, 10:00 a.m. SMC is invited to join Grace Mennonite Church for the morning worship service. There will be no service at SMC this morning.
Sun., Aug. 13, 10:45 a.m. Regular worship service at SMC, followed by potluck lunch.
Conference prayer request
We invite your prayers for all affected by the wildfires raging on in BC: the people who have been displaced and those who are at risk of being displaced. Pray that God’s grace will be abundant and overflowing in the midst of this disaster. May needs be met and sufficient energy for the work at hand be found.
Conference & Community
Aug. 4 – 7, Mennonite Heritage Village is looking for volunteers for Pioneer Days. See poster for details.
Future Directions Update: Working Group Reports on various proposed re-organized ministries of MC Canada and Area Churches are now available at http://futuredirectionsmc.ca/documents/
Camp Moose Lake is sold. Visit the MCM website at www.mennochurch.mb.ca for the news release. A celebration is being planned at the camp on Sept. 24, 2017. More details will follow.
SMC VISION STATEMENT
Steinbach Mennonite Church is faithfully following Christ in worship and service by making disciples, building community and reaching out to the world.
MC Canada Bulletin Announcements for Sunday – July 30, 2017
· Future Directions Update: Working Group Reports on various proposed re-organized ministries of MC Canada and Area Churches are now available at http://futuredirectionsmc.ca/documents/
· Job Opening: Mennonite Church Canada (Wpg. office) is seeking a full time, term Administrative Assistant to the executive office, starting as soon as possible. See http://home.mennonitechurch.ca/jobs for details. Review of resumes begins immediately. Recruitment continues until the position is filled.
· Chew on This! Plans are underway for the 5th annual Chew on This! event, organized by Citizens for Public Justice and the Dignity for All campaign. Each year, volunteers go out to their communities on October 17, the International Day for the Eradication of Poverty, to hand out Chew on This! lunch bags, containing a food item, a magnet, and a postcard directed to the federal government. This year, Chew on This! will focus on making sure the federal government has heard the voices of people calling for a comprehensive national strategy following on consultations for the Canadian Poverty Reduction Strategy. To organize a Chew on This! event or for more information, go to https://dignityforall.ca/chew-on-this/ or contact Darlene O’Leary at email@example.com.
· Assembly Registration is open! You are invited to register for the October 13-15 special 2017 Assembly in Winnipeg: http://www.cvent.com/d/c5q8ft
· Volunteers needed! Mennonite Church Canada is seeking volunteers for the 2017 Special Delegate Gathering held in Winnipeg from October 13-15. Interested potential volunteers please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on this gathering, visit http://home.mennonitechurch.ca/winnipeg2017.
· There are at least 10 great reasons to become a Ride for Refuge Team Captain on Saturday, Sept. 30. “Like” the Mennonite Church Canada Facebook page to find out why this family-friendly cycling/walking fundraiser is a fun way to do good in support of displaced, vulnerable and exploited people served by MC Canada Witness. Register at https://rideforrefuge.org/charity/mennonitechurchca or contact Jason Martin at email@example.com or (226) 747-1833.
· Featured prayer request from the wider church (to receive regular prayer requests, subscribe to PrayerNet at: www.commonword.ca/ResourceView/59/7507):
· We invite your prayers for all affected by the wildfires raging on in BC: the people who have been displaced and those who are at risk of being displaced, including First Nations communities; the firefighters, policemen, military and health professionals who are battling the fires and the aftermath; those who are welcoming displaced people into their homes and communities—particularly MCBC congregations who may be affected and/or called upon to help; leaders who are orchestrating responses and planning for recovery; and those who are affected by smoke. Pray that God’s grace will be abundant and overflowing in the midst of this disaster. May needs be met and sufficient energy for the work at hand be found.
Canadian Mennonite University Events and Opportunities for Church Bulletins
CMU is committed to build relationships, and to walk alongside and learn with Indigenous peoples. In the spring of this year, the opportunity to be part of an independent study course in which she focused on supporting a 600 kilometre walk from Kitchener, ON, to Ottawa in response to Call to Action #48 of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission—a call for churches to engage in public dialogue and action surrounding the UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples. Read more about Erin’s story at mycmulife.cmu.ca.
Catch Canada Games fever and get active at CMU Blazers Summer Sports Camps 2017!
· August 14-18: Youth (grades 8-10) basketball camp
· August 21-25: Junior High (grades 6-8) volleyball and basketball camps
· Our Youth Volleyball camp (grades 8-10) is now FULL
For more details visit athletics.cmu.ca, phone 204.487.3300, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
MC Manitoba Announcements
Camps with Meaning is in significant need of two volunteer health officers the week of August 20-25 at Camp Assiniboia and Camp Moose Lake. Please email email@example.com or call (204) 895-2267 if you are able to help.
Sie sind herzlich eingeladen am Sonntagmorgen um 7.30 Uhr (CFAM / CHSM / CJRB) Frohe Botschaft einzuschalten, eine Sendung die von Mennonite Church Manitoba produziert wird. Im August bringt Prediger Erwin Strempler aus der Douglas Mennoniten Gemeinde in Winnipeg und der Foothills Mennoniten Gemeinde in Calgary eine Predigtserie.
Please join us for Frohe Botschaft, a German language worship service produced by Mennonite Church Manitoba and broadcast on Sunday morning at 7:30 on CFAM / CHSM / CJRB. The speaker in August is Pastor Erwin Strempler from Douglas Mennonite Church in Winnipeg and Foothills Mennonite Church in Calgary.
Mennonite Church Manitoba is accepting applications for the position of Associate Program Director of Camping Ministries (APD). The APD oversees all aspects of our summer and winter programs and provides on-going support and training to all summer program staff and volunteers. This is a 1.0 fte position. The application deadline is September 21, 2017. For more information please visit our “News” page at www.campswithmeaning.org.