WELCOME TO OUR WORSHIP SERVICE AT MITCHELL PARK
Theme: Sharing in a hungry world – God’s priority.
Date June 10, 2018 – 10:00 a.m.
Focus Statement: The prophets Haggai and Zechariah, and our Lord Jesus, called believers to reorder their values with God as their highest priority. For Christians right priorities is all about following Jesus who calls us followers to share what we have with others who have little, rather than keeping for ourselves.
GATHERING AS GOD’S PEOPLE
Welcome and Call to Worship
He’s got the whole world in his hands
Come, all you people
How great thou art
Scripture Reading – Hag. 1:2-9 – Daniela Hildebrandt
Prayer and Offering – Singing with the children
PROCLAIMING GOD’S WORD
Children’s story – Bev Unger
Scripture Reading – Zech. 8:11-17, Mark 6:30-44 – Daniela Hildebrandt
Sermon – Called to Share – Gordon Janzen
RESPONDING TO GOD’S WORD
Song of Response
Take my life and let it be
Will you let me be your servant?
You are my all in all
SENDING GOD’S PEOPLE
Announcements and Prayer
Song of Sending
Colossians 3:17 (Let the words of the Lord Jesus Christ…)
Worship Leader – Lee Hiebert
Song Leaders – Val and Ed Peters, Bev Rogers
Guitarist – Scott Friesen
PRAYER & PRAISE
Please pray for:
· Victor Janzen and Peter Koop who is in Bethesda Hospital.
· Judy Lafournaise who continues to struggle with health issues
Our sympathies and prayers go to family and friends of Dorothy Fehr who passed away on Sun. June 3rd. The funeral service was held on June 7th.
Our sympathies and prayers go to Dorothy Dyck on the death of her brother, Gus Friesen, on June 6th in Alberta.
In Memorium: We remember Frieda Wallman who passed away a year ago on June 16th. Pray for God’s comfort and peace to the family and friends these days.
CHURCH FAMILY INFORMATION
Gym Comm. Contact: Isbrand Fehr
SMC THIS WEEK
Today, Family Volleyball will resume in September
Mon, June 11, 6:45 p.m. Men’s Volleyball
Tues. June 12, 7:00 p.m. Church Board meeting in MPR
Wed. June 13, 7:00 p.m. SMC Women invites all women to a baby shower in the SMC gym to celebrate the arrival of Adeline Rose, born to Lee & Rachel Hiebert. If your last name begins with the letter from A-L please bring an appetizer, if it begins with M- Z please bring a dessert. If you prefer to bring a monetary gift there will be an envelope to accommodate this. For more info call Marie Rempel.
June 17, 10:30 a.m. All are invited to join Worship in the City at the Main Stage. See poster for details. There will be no service at SMC. Thank you to Levi Hiebert, Don Esau, Henry Krahn and Lee Hiebert for representing our church at this event.
June 21, 7:00 p.m. Town Hall Congregational Meeting. If you attend SMC, you are invited.
June 1 - 9, 2018 - Our Giving:
Budget $ 7,900.00 MC Manitoba: $200.00
COMMUNITY & CONFERENCE ANNOUNCEMENTS
Canadian Mennonite connects more than 10,000 households with the voices, ideas, stories and news of Mennonites across the country. Subscriptions are available in print and digital formats to anyone who attends Steinbach Mennonite Church. To subscribe, or to add email delivery to an existing subscription, please contact the church office. Subscriptions are paid for collectively through the church.
Chief Executive Officer Dr. Analyn Einarson has left Eden Health Care Services. We are grateful for her valuable service and wish her well in her future plans. The EHCS Executive is very pleased to announce that Ken Kroeker, of Morden, a former employee of Eden and of Southern Health-Sante Sud, has been appointed Interim CEO.
The Steinbach and Area Ministerial Association are pleased to welcome our new Bethesda Chaplain, Lydia Summerville. Lydia will begin her full time chaplaincy ministry on June 4 as Larry Hirst retires after 17 years of ministry as chaplain.
SMC VISION STATEMENT
Steinbach Mennonite Church is faithfully following Christ in worship and service by making disciples, building community and reaching out to the world.
MCC Manitoba Bulletin Announcement for June 10, 2018
MCC Manitoba Golf Tournament - Join us at Bridges Golf Course on July 11 for a great day of golf, on-course contests, a Mennonite dinner and prizes — all in support of MCC. For more information and to register, visit mccmb.ca/golf or call 204-261-6381. Register by June 13 to meet the early bird deadline!
Cycle Clear Lake - Calling all cyclists! Come out to Riding Mountain National Park for a beautiful trail ride in support of MCC water projects in Lebanon on Saturday, July 7. Don't miss the registration deadline: June 18! For more information and to register online visit mccmb.ca/cycleclearlake or phone Reinhold at 204-729-8335.
Rohingya Refugee Crisis Lunch & Learn
Wednesday, June 20, 12-1 pm
159 Henderson Hwy, Winnipeg
Join us on World Refugee Day for a lunch and learn event at Sam’s Place, with Drs. Kawser Ahmed and Helal Mohiuddin from Conflict and Resilience Research Institute, Canada. Hear about the Rohingya refugee crisis and discuss the role Canada can play in conflict transformation.
MCC Canada welcomes applications for Program Assistant based in Winnipeg. Applications are accepted until June 11. For more information and to apply, please visit mcccanada.ca/program-assistant.
Canadian Mennonite University
1. Dr. Fernando Enns, a Mennonite theologian of significance in today’s world, is offering a Public Lecture on A Transformative Spirituality for Peacebuilding. Dr. Enns’s involvement in the Mennonite church in Germany and the global church as a member of the World Council of Churches Central Committee, is noteworthy. Join us for his lecture: 7:00 PM, Wednesday, June 13 at CMU’s Marpeck Commons, 2299 Grant Ave.
2. CMU Alumni and friends – Come to “One Last Dinner with Ted”, Friday, June 15, 5:00 – 7:00 PM, CMU Dining Hall. Celebrate Ted’s retirement and enjoy one more dinner of his famous chicken fingers and fries and conference cookies. Gluten free and vegetarian options also available. Admission by donation to the CMU Alumni Bursary Fund. RSVP to email@example.com by 5:00 PM on Friday, June 8.
3. Last chance! Sign up for the 17th Annual CMU Golf Classic, Tuesday, June 19 at the Kingswood Golf and Country Club in La Salle, MB. RSVP soon as spaces are limited. Contact Joyce Friesen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Please pray for students and teachers who are part of CMU’s Canadian School of Peacebuilding from June 11-15 and 18-22. Over 100 students from Canada and around the globe (including Somalia, Iran, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Nepal…) will be enrolled in one-week peace building courses. In our world’s present political climate their commitment to peace-building is more critical than ever.
5. Stay connected with CMU, Folio Café and the CommonWord Bookstore and Resource Centre - one location where you may buy, borrow, download, consult and link to Anabaptist and related materials! Visit www.commonword.ca and come visit us! Bring a friend and this bulletin to get 25% off coffee or gelato at Folio Café!
6. Online registration is now open for CMU Blazers Summer Sports Camps 2018!
· Aug. 7-9: Junior (grades 4-7) futsal camp
· Aug. 13-17: Youth (grades 8-10) volleyball and basketball camps
· Aug. 20-24: Junior High (grades 6-8) volleyball and basketball camps
7. Canadian Mennonite University invites inquiries and applications for the half-time (.5 FTE) salaried position of Communications and Marketing Coordinator at CommonWord Bookstore and Resource Centre, anticipated start date August 2018. Inquiries should be directed to Dianna Robson, Director of Human Resources at email@example.com or 204-594-0532.
MC Manitoba Announcements
Camps with Meaning Fun-a-thon: Carnival and Concert to raise funds for a new shop at Camp Assiniboia. June 10, 3:00pm – 8:00pm at Fort Garry Mennonite Fellowship. Afternoon fun for all ages including: petting zoo, competition seed spitting, games for kids; followed by Coffee and a Concert with great musicians. Visit www.campswithmeaning.org/funathon for more info.
Sing songs of peace! Come join fellow Mennonites at Winnipeg's 37th annual Walk for Peace. Gather at the west side of the legislative building at noon, Saturday, June 16. Walk begins at 12:30. Feel free to bring your church banner along, with your singing voices for songs of peace and praise. For more info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mennonite Church Canada is seeking an Executive Minister to lead our nationwide church. We invite your prayers for the process and for the person God is calling to this role. The Search Committee would be pleased to receive your suggestions for possible candidates. Inquiries or suggestions may be sent to email@example.com. We are looking to the Lord, and listening to the Spirit as we discern together.
[see www.commonword.ca/go/1551 for the job description.]