RESPONSE TO THE CORONAVIRUS DISEASE/COVID-19 – UPDATE #10 ON MARCH 16, 2021
We were very pleased that COVID-19 restrictions allowed us to worship in three services (Saturday 7:00 p.m. and Sunday 9:30 a.m. & 11:00 a.m.) on February 20/21 and February 27/28. For the first two weekends of March, we eliminated the Saturday service and offered two Sunday services – March 7 and 14 (9:00 a.m. & 11:00 a.m.). After hearing your thoughts and evaluating recent attendance, we have concluded that the numbers indicate we can go back to one service at 9:45 a.m. beginning this Sunday, March 21.
You will no longer have to be on a list for any SMC services and names of attendees will not be recorded. In the event that we exceed the current 100-person limit, steps will be taken by one or more Executive Committee members. Each situation will be addressed based on up-to-date regulations.
- Please take your jacket/coat and personal belongings with you to your household’s spot in a pew.
- Respect the space of people around you in the foyer and observe physical distancing at all times.
- Mingling before and after services is discouraged.
- We are not allowed to offer any Sunday School classes at this time so the Adult Going Deeper class will continue
meeting at 1:00 p.m. via Zoom.
- We are planning to use our church mailboxes again so remember to check your slot when you have a chance.
- Recent changes to the current public health order include amending mask-use rules in churches. We may sing if we are wearing a mask!!!
Church leadership will keep on monitoring provincial orders as they are released with the hope that we will be able to meet for an in-person SMC Annual Membership Meeting on April 18th. We also ask you to tentatively reserve the afternoon of Sunday, April 11th for an informational meeting at SMC regarding the letter of interest from SBC.
You are encouraged to contact any Executive Committee member if you have questions or concerns related to SMC. Please keep our congregation high on your prayer list!
SMC Executive Committee
Executive Committee: Chair Reg. Penner, Vice-Chair Larry Thiessen and Past-Chair Karen Peters